Ed "EditEd4TV" Bauman proudly presents 88MPH Vol.2 - 49 Combinators from 7 Hit Songs of the 1980's!
Volume 2 includes patches from the following songs:
Depeche Mode "People are People" Real Life "Send Me an Angel" Soft Cell "Tainted Love" Spandau Ballet "True" Buggles "Video Killed the Radio Star" Missing Persons "Walking in LA" Pet Shop Boys "West End Girls"
These are all Combinators with all 4 Combinator knobs and buttons mapped to various parameters. Usually Combinator knob 4 is mapped to volume for convenient live use. The remaining knobs and buttons control anything from filter frequency to reverb amount, reverb time, chorus speed, octave settings, and more. Pitch wheel and mod wheel are mapped as well. About 75% of the ReFill is custom Thor and Subtractor patches, with the remaining 25% made up of NN-XT patches which rely on the Orkester, Patrick "Bitley" Fridh, and Factory Soundbank samples.
Each and every patch has enormous potential, from the default load-in setting to drastic changes when you alter the programmed parameters... try low octave power drones, and for patches with delay try playing staccato notes in tempo, move the pitch wheel and mod wheel, etc. When you load in a new patch, about 80% of the time all the knobs are at either 0%, 50%, or 100%. At first load-in you'll find the patch to be exactly as I used it in my ReCover, so you can simply deviate from there.
A few quotes from the beta-testers: "Overall, the refill's really good and I had a fun time playing with it. I can't wait until the other ones are released. I kept fiddling with a lot of the patches to figure out how you actually made the sounds. I ended up adding several of them to my 'Showcase.' Some impressive stuff right there!" - Joselito Santana
"If you play these sounds in context you get a sense of the power in simplistic patches and sounds from a golden era." - Noel Campbell Jr.
"These patches sound so authentic that I could almost feel the big hair in the room!!" - Clayton Lewis
"88mph is a great, warm sounding ReFill. Listen to these sounds in a mix...and they become more than awesome! These sounds sit very well in a mix! Who need a DeLorean to travel back in time, when you can have this refill?" - Manolis Moumouzias PLEASE NOTE:
This ReFill is a collection of 49 Combinator patches only; sequencer content is NOT provided. Requires Reason version 5.0 or higher due to extensive use of Combinator, Thor, and The Echo devices. There is not a VSTi version available and it will not natively work with any DAW (though you can of course use ReWire with your DAW of choice in conjunction with Reason/Record): this is a Reason/Record product only.